Where we are?
How to get
- Search in the GPS: Villanueva de la Vera Municipal Pool.
If you come from Madrid, it will tell you to do it along the Extremadura road (N-V) until the Oropesa exit (km 148), towards Madrigal de la Vera and then towards Villanueva de la Vera.
- Before arriving at Villanueva de la Vera, on the right you will see the indication to the municipal swimming pool
IMPORTANT: do not put “El Cielo de la Vera” in the GPS until you reach the Villanueva de la Vera municipal swimming pool to avoid taking you on a more complicated path.
- Begin to follow the GPS just from the Municipal Pool of Villanueva de la Vera!
- Take the side path from the pool to a stone arch and cross under the arch.
- From here three paths start, take the middle path.
As a reference there are some yellow arrows placed, others that say Sky and also signs that indicate “Gualtaminos Gorge”
- Always continue following this main path, the flattest, do not take any secondary path that goes up or down from the main one
- In a moment you will see in the gutter of the road on the left a “menhir” type stone about one meter high with three iron horseshoes that marks the entrance to a private estate, do not enter, continue and you are almost there!
- Take the next exit to the left, there is a stone that says Cielo, follow this path for a few meters until the entrance of Cielo de la Vera.
- From the municipal swimming pool it is about 3.5 kilometers